Getting little people through church has always been a challenge. The clunk of a hot wheels car on the floor is a distinctive and familiar sound. These little activites are for Andrew, Owen and George. I ran across the fabric in blue and red. It is covered with little cars and roads leading everywhere. Perfect, I thought.
This is what I did:
- Cut pieces of the road fabric into 12×12 squares.
- Rounded the edges
- Ironed a VERY light interfacing between the top fabric and a coordinating piece on the back.
- Zig-zagged the edges nice and tight
- Inserted two pieces of ribbon between the fabric pieces and zig-zagged them as I went along.
- ( Each ribbon is about 14 inches long.)
- Tied Hot Wheels cars to the ribbons.
- (two per fabric square)
This project took only a few minutes. It is easy to roll the cars up inside of the fabric and stick the roll into a diaper bag of a bag of any kind for that matter.
No more lost cars. No more cars clunking on the floor or grown-ups crawling under chairs and benches to retrieve them. No more “that’s my car” since the cars stay attached to the fabric roads. I’ll keep my fingers crossed !