Peppermint Bark ! Oh, so easy. Oh, so Yummy !
It is that time again. Time for little gifts for neighbors and friends. This year I made Peppermint Bark. I found myself severely tempted every time I broke the bark apart and put it into the little boxes. There is nothing on earth quite as yummy as white chocolate !
- White Chocolate Candy Wafers (6 bags makes two cookie sheets)
- Peppermint Extract ( 1/2 t per 3 bags of chocolate )
- Candy Canes ( 10 candy canes per every 3 bags of chocolate)
- Waxed Paper
- I don’t have a double boiler so I used a large bowl over a pan of boiling water to melt the chocolate wafers.
- I melted three bags of chocolate at one time.
- Once the chocolate was melted, I added 1/2 t of peppermint extract and the crushed candy canes.
- I put the candy canes in a double Ziploc bag and asked Grandpa to gently break them with a hammer. (Not pulverize . . . break)
- I stirred everything together and poured the mixture into the middle of a LARGE cookie sheet which was lined with waxed paper.
- I spread the chocolate to the ends of the cookie sheet with a large spoon.
- I put the cookie sheets into the refrigerator overnight.
Rather than traditional “Christmas” green wafers, I bought the “funky” green wafers at JoAnn’s along with the Candy Cane wafers.
The little candy boxes came from Hobby Lobby. They are 6×6 square. I put a 6×6 paper doily in each box before I added the chocolate. The “Merry Christmas” cards came from Zazzle. Zazzle Online is one of my favorite places for unique business cards, labels, posters and bookplates. Zazzle always has “real” discounts !
Merry Christmas !