“Don’t wait for your ship to come in . . . swim out to it !”
No kidding. This is a 15 minute swimming bag. It is made from a shower curtain. Not an expensive shower curtain but a $5.99 shower curtain on the discount table.
- I measured down 24″ from the top of the curtain and cut.
- Then I folded the piece in half and cut again so that each piece had the holes for the shower curtain hooks at the top.
- I folded the piece over to put right sides together and stitched around the bottom and the open side.
- I zig zagged the edge to keep it from fraying and to make it stronger.
- I put a large safety pin through the end of some ribbon and threaded the ribbon through the hook holes
- I tied the ribbon at the end and added additional pieces of ribbon to make it flouncy.
- I added a flower I had in my stash.
- I added an ID tag to keep things from getting lost.
Start to finish: 15 minutes. No kidding. The pieces I cut from the top will make 2 bags. I finished the edge of the remaining piece of the curtain and folded it up. It is a perfect lightweight cloth to put on a picnic table or on the ground.
“Chlorine is my cologne.”
-Kermit the Frog-